|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Krrish 3 wasn't for me: Kangna Ranaut

Actress Kangna Ranaut talks with MM.com about tackling the comedy genre in her latest release, 'Double Dhamaal'

Curly haired beauty Kangna Ranaut seems to have finally broken out of the mould of the psychologically complex characters she is usually seen playing. Riding high post the success of Tanu Weds Manu, she assures audiences that Double Dhamaal, which releases on Friday, is an absolute laugh riot. Excerpts:

How different is the treatment of Double Dhamaal as compared to Dhamaal?
It's a continuation of the old set up with the four boys along with Sanjay Dutt, but there's more dhamaal as Mallika Sherawat and I have been added to the star cast (smiles).

How did you get associated with the sequel?
The film was offered to me and I liked the script. It's a hilarious film. People will be rolling on the floor with laughter!

What is the film about?
The film is about two teams of people trying to con each other, which land them in hilarious situations.

What is your role in the film?
I play the role of Sanjay Dutt's secretary.

Is it true your role is inspired from Jaya Bachchan's role in Sholay?
No, I think the media has made its own speculations because there is a scene similar to one in Sholay. But even then, it's completely different.

Which co-star from the film did you have most fun with?
Everyone was fun but I spent the most amount of time with Riteish and Ashish.

You seem to be enjoying doing a lot of comedy films recently. Please comment.
Yes, I am glad I am being offered a lot of comedy films now.

Have you stopped being typecast for portraying complex characters?
A lot of people are saying that I have successfully reinvented myself and with the success of Tanu Weds Manu, people are obviously accepting me in comedy genre.

Reportedly, you and Ajay Devgn do not share a friendly equation anymore. Is it true?
Ajay and I have never been friends, but I share a very comfortable working relationship with him.

What are your upcoming projects?
There's One And Only with Chirag Paswan, Rascals and Tez. I have also been signed on to Ram Gopal Verma's Department.

Is it true that you have turned down the sequel to Krrish?
I'd love to work with Hrithik again, but this film wasn't for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...